Dream Your Favourite Home Designs
PIL design is all about talent, expertise, and innovation. These three things are more like a mantra that has given us success after success and made us who we are today.
Latest Furniture Design Styles
A place to get your hands on the latest furniture of the premium quality.
We Make Interiors Handmade Things.
Wooden Decor Items
Wooden décor is a class apart in its own way, and its awesomeness is something that cannot be described in words.
We’re Specialist In
Fibre & Needlework Crafts
Wood & Furniture Crafts
Ceramics & Leather Crafts
Mouted Drifted Wood Planter
Wood Carved Signs
When it comes to interior designs they are the best. Their woodwork definitely needs a special mention.Hazle S. Hogan
From The Blog
When on a mission to upgrade your home, it is easy to mention the different aspects of your home that you believe need to be improved. One common aspect is that a lot of homeowners seem to have varied tastes is in the colour and make of cabinets.
Another popular request that a lot of people have is for the addition of crown moulding on their ceiling to get a more regal feel to the space. These are all aspects that can take a home from boring to gorgeous in a matter of days. What a lot of people fail to think about is how on earth all these sophisticated shapes on the edges are made.
What is a shaper cutter?
They are made by use of a special cutter that is known as a shaper cutter. This is a special kind of bit that is used in woodworking. They are powerful and are used to create different shapes and profiles on the edges of the wood. This will then be used as joinery or for decorative purposes.
There are many different kinds of cutters that are used to shape wood. They are all different to increase flexibility for the carpenter. That means that one carpenter is likely to have a wide variety of shaper cutters in his shop.
The advantage of this is that it allows the carpenter greater flexibility when creating wood profiles for different clients. Since people inherently want unique and differentiated things, having a number of different profile cutters allows woodworkers the ability to meet different needs.
Benefits of using shaper cutters
There are several ways that a shaper cutter will allow the user to benefit. Many people, for instance, wonder how the use of a shaper is better in comparison to a router which also serves the same purpose. The shapers are powerful cutting tools and can save a lot of time. Since you can set up your shaper just once to get your desired shape, it is likely that you will save much more time compared to using a router that needs an adjustment a number of times.
Variety is also an important aspect of using a shaper. There are many shaper bits that you can easily add to your collection over time. This will allow for easier usage and a variety of outcomes. This expansion of ones skill is great for business and allows more flexibility in the creation of pieces.
It is commonplace to find a lot of noise in any woodworking station. This is a factor that a lot of machinery manufacturers are trying to minimize as the products improve. A shaper cutter is a great machine as it does not cause a lot of noise. This is always an additional benefit that we cannot overlook.
Overall, if your workshop does a lot of heavy duty work and you need machines that run for a long time, then you can consider getting a shaper cutter. A shaper cutter is a great addition to any woodworking space and you can increase your bits and vary the shapes and profiles as your clientele grows or as you increase the complexity of the different items that you intend to make.
A pre-mandatory rule to follow before purchasing a side chair is considering the size of the side chair revolving around the size of the sofa. Typically, the majority of side chairs are placed in the living room. Remember to consider purchasing a small side chair if you possess a large sofa as it will enlarge the living space and give it a rather elegant look, whereas accommodating a large side chair with a large sofa can make the room appear congested and cramped. Another critical aspect to bear in mind is to match the height of the side chair along with the relevant sofa to give off an equal and proportionate feel.
Determining a side chair based on various impending styles is limitless. A side chair can often be used as decorative furniture to display or match the style of the surrounding décor in the living space or room. It is recommended to purchase a rather versatile side chair which can be moved around easily according to different matching décor needs. Moreover, side chairs come in almost all shapes, trends and sizes. However, interior designer experts recommend determining a side chair matching equilibrium between modern and traditional outlooks.
Changing fabric in a side chair is a relatively easy and inexpensive method to tailor your décor needs than purchasing expensive fabric side chairs. Don’t hesitate or stick on to one fixed fabric based on traditional norms, instead tend to experiment with flamboyant colors and patterns which can add a sense of vibrant atmosphere in the room or living space.
Side chairs can often be made and composed of numerous materials. For example, popular materials used in the formulation of side chairs are metal, wood, leather, Lucite, acrylic, and gilt. Before blindly purchasing a side chair, tend to research on about the material used and how it matches your needs. For example, although metal chairs look fantastic, they are unfortunately uncomfortable to sit in, whereas a Lucite chair may look and feel fantastic, it is prone to fingerprint marks which as a result are visually unpleasing.
Side chairs can cost anywhere from a mere $20 in the flea market to over $1000 in luxurious outlets. Ensure you are satisfied on all levels and aspects of the chair before purchase, regardless of the price you spend on it.
Empty the room
Although quite strange, it is imperative to empty the entire room consisting of all furniture and décor as it can be difficult to shape and imagine your new outlook of a room with the existing furniture lying around.
Determine on your focal point
The focal point is often described as the determining element in each room. The focal point can be anything eye-catching in the room such as a fireplace, unique sculpture, and artwork. It is critical to place your furniture according to the focal point in each room. The furniture should be arranged in such a manner to maximize the advantage of the focal point.
Place your most significant and essential piece of furniture
- This principle is applicable towards placing your most massive furniture such as the sofa in the living room, bed in the bedroom or the dining table in the dining room. It is imperative your place such significant furniture as no other décor will match if it isn’t placed correctly.
- Make sure you are matching all factors in mind before placing such furniture in rooms. For example, if the kitchen is after the dining room, then it is recommended to avoid setting such a large table and chairs as it will be quite inconvenient to move in narrow spaces, considering the furniture will take ample amount of space, to eat a snack or drink a glass of water.
- It is imperative you first predetermine the intention of the room such as for dining purposes, or living and accordingly place furniture in the room considering the availability of space.
- Tend to place substantial furniture accordingly without blocking any entrances, windows, and doorways.
Use remaining furniture to enhance areas
- Before placing the furniture of importance, tend to factor in the surrounding décor and place accordingly for a better outlook. You can set your essential furniture better by putting other minor furniture out of the way or room. Avoid placing small artworks on blank, massive walls and small chairs to large sofa sets.
- Invest in placing a large rug instead of a small one, as larger rugs tend to depict a larger outlook within the living space or room. When placing the carpet, tend to put it under the furniture for a better elegant look.
- Remember to place the coffee tables in the living room with a minimum distance of length from the sofa as that the legs don’t smash or come in contact with the table when being seated and cause a sense of inconvenience.
- Do not forget to enhance the ambiance of the room by adding and highlighting the décor and furniture with favorable lighting.